Subject: re: molecular computational chemistry

From: "Boyd, D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:31:19 -0600

Dear Dr. Glossman-Mitnik,

There are been a number of essays on the emergence of the field of computational
chemistry.  The references below are relevant.

K. B. Lipkowitz and D. B. Boyd, in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, K. B.
Lipkowitz and D. B. Boyd, Eds., VCH Publishers, New York, 1990, Vol. 1, pp. vii-
xii. Preface (on the Meaning and Scope of Computational Chemistry).

D. B. Boyd, in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, K. B. Lipkowitz and D. B.
Boyd, Eds., VCH Publishers, New York, 1991, Vol. 2, pp. 461-479. The
Computational Chemistry Literature.

J. D. Bolcer and R. B. Hermann, in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, K. B.
Lipkowitz and D. B. Boyd, Eds., VCH Publishers, New York, 1994, Vol. 5, pp. 1-
63. The Development of Computational Chemistry in the United States.

D. B. Boyd, in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, K. B. Lipkowitz and D. B.
Boyd, Eds., VCH Publishers, New York, 1995, Vol. 6, pp. 317-354. Molecular
Modeling Software in Use: Publication Trends.

D. B. Boyd and K. B. Lipkowitz, in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, K. B.
Lipkowitz and D. B. Boyd, Eds., Wiley-VCH, New York, 2000, Vol. 14, pp. 399-
439. History of the Gordon Research Conferences on Computational Chemistry.

D. B. Boyd and K. B. Lipkowitz, in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, K. B.
Lipkowitz and D. B. Boyd, Eds., Wiley-VCH, Hoboken, NJ, 2002, Vol. 18, pp. 293-
319. Appendix: Examination of the Employment Environment for Computational
Chemistry.

I hope these references are helpful.

Thanks, Don

Donald B. Boyd, Ph.D.
Editor, Reviews in Computational Chemistry
    http://chem.iupui.edu/rcc/rcc.html
Research Professor of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3274, U.S.A.
E-mail [email-masked]