Subject: MOLEKEL: New Release

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:37:58 +0100 (MET)

Dear Computational Chemists

CSCS (http://www.cscs.ch) is proud to announce the release of
MOLEKEL version 4.3.

There are only minor changes to version 4.2.

* bugs fixed.
* file parsers updated.
* support for a new data format:
  list of points on a surface with an associated value
  (please check the manual).

The release is mainly due to the fact that I will leave
ETHZ/CSCS end of November 2002. As a consequence,
I also have to leave MOLEKEL behind me.
CSCS will further maintain the software.

MOLEKEL is an interactive molecular graphics program to visualize molecular and
electronic structure data from a number of electronic structure program outputs 
(Gaussian, Gamess, ADF...) as well as from XYZ and PDB files.
MOLEKEL is able to render the molecular structure in different styles, display
orbitals, electron densities, map and color code properties on any surface,
display and animate vibrational normal modes, animate a sequence of coordinates
and produces great graphics...

Look and see!

More information, a precompiled binary for SGI, SUN, LINUX systems and
WINDOWS PC's and detailed documentation is available from
http://www.cscs.ch/molekel/.

Best regards

Stefan Portmann