Subject: GAMESS compilation

From: antonio luiz oliveira de noronha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:31:38 -0200 (BDB)

Hi

Sorry for this question but something is bothering me for some time.

I have a RedHat 7.3 with GCC version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3
2.96-112). And even following, step by step, the GAMESS compilation manual
( readme.unix ), I can't  compile the program.

I receiving a message like this

======================== blas ==============================
Tue Nov 19 14:14:17 BRST 2002
g77 -c -O2 -malign-double -fautomatic -Wno-globals -fno-globals blas.f
g77: blas.f: No such file or directory
g77: No input files
unset echo
mv: cannot stat `blas.o': No such file or directory

For almost all steps.

I tried compile it, after generating the actvte.x with several commands,
and none of then worked ( they generate the actvte.x executable but it
didn't seem to work). I tried
g77 -o actvte.x actvte.f,
f77 -o actvte.x actvte.f,
gcc -o actvte.x actvte.f,

and the one indicated for linux
f2c actvte.f
gcc -o actvte.x actvte.c -lf2c -lm

( wich didn't work  at all even to generate the actvte.x, looks like I don
have f2c installed )

How can I fiz this problem?

Thank you for the patience