Subject: Re: CCL: PDB H atom name convention

From: Eldon Ulrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:04:58 -0600

Dear All,

H atom nomenclature for amino acids and nucleic acids have been explicitly
defined by IUPAC.  The nomenclature is provided with diagrams in the publication
"Recommendations for the Presentation of NMR Structures of Proteins and Nucleic
Acids," Pure & Appl. Chem. 70, 117-142, 1998.  The article also can be viewed as
a PDF file from the BMRB web site at this URL: 

http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/bmrb/features/

Select IUPAC Recommendations.

PDB files can now be downloaded with either the original PDB nomenclature or
with the IUPAC nomenclature for the H atoms.

Best regards,
Eldon

**********************************************
* Eldon L. Ulrich, Ph.D.                     *
* Senior Scientist                           *
* Dept. of Biochemistry                      *
* 433 Babcock Drive                          *
* Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison  53706-1544     *
*                                            *
* E-mail:  [email-masked]                 *
* Tel:     (608) 265-5741                    *
**********************************************