Subject: Re: CCL:Tree valence atoms with I= 0 or 1/2

From: Valentin Ananikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:04:57 +0000

Hi,

Google search for "S-32 spin" gives as a first reference the web site 

http://www2.bnl.gov/ton/cgi-bin/nuclide?nuc=S-32

with all the information you need, the same for S-33 and S-34

http://www2.bnl.gov/ton/cgi-bin/nuclide?nuc=S-33
http://www2.bnl.gov/ton/cgi-bin/nuclide?nuc=S-34

However, I am a bit in doubt whether sulfur may give a stable
three valent compounds. Typical oxidation states are 2, 4 and 6.

Perhaps it is good idea to consider N-15 (spin=1/2) in addition
to P-31.

Concerning the second part of your question, phosphorus has very
rich chemistry of cyclic compounds. See, for example:

"Phosphorus-Carbon Heterocyclic Chemistry: The Rise of a New Domain",
Francois Mathey (Ed), Pergamon Press, 2001.

Note however, that inserting other element into benzene ring
may break the aromatic delocalization making the radical
very unstable.

best regards,
Valentin.

> 
> Dear Netters,
> 
> I am looking for possibilities to replace C atom by three valent atom in
> the benzene ring for the organizing stable radical. The nucleus spin of this
> inserted three valent atom must be equal to 0 or 1/2.
> 
> Unfortunately I did not found nucleus spin of S(32 isotope) in the
> WEBsite:  http://www.chimorg.unifi.it/~chimichi/O.html
> 
> Maybe you know the nucleus spins of S(32 isotope) and S(34 isotope)?
> 
> Other possibility exist to replace C atom by P(31 isotope) with nucleus
> Spin=1/2, but I do not know how stable should be such the readical with P
> atom in the carbon ring (I am not expert in chemistry and never saw the P
> atms in the carbon rings). Maybe you can confirm that such a radical should
> exist?
> 
> Maybe you know other possibilities to replace C atom by other three
> valence atoms in the benzene ring wich possess nucleus spins = 0 or 1/2 ?
> 
> Thanking your in advance.
> With best regards, Arvydas Tamulis
> *******************************************************************
>                   Arvydas Tamulis
> 
> Doctor of Natural Sciences, senior research fellow
> 
> Temporal address until 28 February 2003:
> Los Alamos National Laboratory
> Center for Nonlinear Studies
> P.O. Box 1663, Mail Stop B258
> Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545
> Work Phone: (505) 667-7278
> Fax: (505) 665-2659
> e-mail: [email-masked]
> *******************************************************************

====================================================================
                                             ,         ,      ,   ,
Valentin  P. Ananikov                        |\\\\ ////|     /////|
NMR Group                                    | \\\|/// |    ///// |
ND Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry   |  |~~~|  |   |~~~|  |
Leninsky Prospect 47                         |  |===|  |   |===|  |
Moscow,  119991                              |  |   |  |   |   |  |
Russia                                       |  | A |  |   | Z |  |
                                              \ |   | /    |   | /
e-mail: [email-masked]                     \|===|/     |===|/
http://nmr.ioc.ac.ru/Staff/AnanikovVP/          '---'      '---'
  Fax +7 (095)1355328   Phone +7 (095)9383536
====================================================================