Subject: Program updated: ESF School on structural genomics

From: Ivan Rossi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:16:06 +0100 (CET)

University of Bologna and European Science Foundation
are pleased to announce the:

Bologna Winter School on Biotechnology 2003
HOT TOPICS IN STRUCTURAL GENOMICS

http://www.biocomp.unibo.it/school/html2003/

9-15 February 2003, Bologna - Italy

http://www.biocomp.unibo.it/school/html2003/
email : [email-masked]

The main topic will be the state of the art of protein structure
prediction after CASP 5 (Critical Assessment of Techniques for Protein
Structure Prediction, Asilomar, December 2002).  Focus will be on
comparative modelling, low homology protein modelling, new fold
recognition, ab initio structure prediction, protein-protein and
protein-DNA interaction, prediction of protein function and structure
prediction of membrane proteins.

LECTURERS
Patrick Aloy		 EMBL				  Heidelberg, DE
Pierre Baldi 	         University of California         Irvine, CA, USA
Nir Ben-Tal	         Tel Aviv University              Tel Aviv, IL
Soren Brunak	         Technical University of Denmark  Lyngby, DK
Chris Bystroff	         Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, NY, USA
Raffaele Calogero	 University of Torino		  Torino, IT
Rita Casadio	         University of Bologna            Bologna, IT
Daniel Fischer		 Ben Gurion University		  Be'er Sheva, IL
Manuela Helmer-Citterich University "Tor Vergata"         Roma, IT
Joel Janin               LEBS, CNRS                       Gif sur Ivette, FR
Sue Jones	         EBI                              Hinxton, UK
David T. Jones	         University College               London, UK
Arthur M. Lesk	         University of Cambridge          Cambridge, UK
Henriette Molinari	 University of Verona		  Verona, IT
John Moult               University of Maryland           Rockville, MD, USA
Bruno Samori'		 University of Bologna		  Bologna, IT
Jeffrey Skolnick	 Buffalo Center for BioinformaticsBuffalo, NY, USA
Mike Taussig		 The Babraham Institute		  Cambridge, UK
Anna Tramontano	         University "La Sapienza"         Roma IT
Alfonso Valencia         National Center of Biotechnology Cantoblanco, ES
Gunnar von Hejine        University of Stockholm          Stockholm, SE
Richard Wagner		 University of Osnabrueck	  Osnabrueck, DE
Stephen White	         University of California         Irvine, USA

Program is available at
http://www.biocomp.unibo.it/school/html2003/

For Application send a short C.V. to  [email-masked]. You
will be notified by  e-mail of acceptance.

Deadline for application is
January 10, 2003

The School is partially granted by the European Science Foundation
(Integrated Approaches for Functional Genomics programme)

FOR LIVING EXPENSES AN OFFER IS AVAILABLE:
a package of 500 EURO that covers lunches, coffee breaks and social
dinner.

TWO OFFERS FOR THE ACCOMODATION AT THE ERASMUS COLLEGE, IN DOWNTOWN
BOLOGNA, ARE ALSO AVAILABLE:
160 EURO per person for a double room (6 nights)
260 EURO per person for a single room, if available (6 nights).

Dues will be payed upon acceptance with modalities to be specified.

University of Bologna
CIRB, INTERDEPARTMENTAL CENTER FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY
CORSO DI LAUREA IN BIOTECNOLOGIE

European Science Foundation

Consorzio Interuniversitario Biotecnologie
Consiglio Nazionale per le Ricerche
Marino Golinelli Foundation O.N.L.U.S.
Organisation: AIRBBC Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca in Biofisica e
Biologia Computazionale