Subject: New version of MEAD released

From: Don Bashford <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:39:00 -0800

Version 2.2.0p3 of MEAD is now available for anonymous FTP
> from ftp.scripps.edu in directory /pub/electrostatics.

MEAD is a suite of programs and software library that implements the
model, Macroscopic Electricstatic with Atomic Detail (MEAD), thus the name.
Applications inlude calculations of solvation energy, pKa calculations
for proteins, etc.  MEAD is relased as free software under the GNU
General Public License.  It should be possible to compile and run it
on any Unix-like system with a standards-conforming C++ compiler.

Changes from the previously released version, 2.2.0p2, are minor but
necessary for compilation on more recent compilers, such as gcc-3.2
which is found on some of the latest GNU/Linux distributions
(e.g. SuSe 8.1).  Thanks to Vlad Cojocaru for bringing some of these
problems to my attention.  I believe he also posted about them to the
list.  The new release resolves the compilation problems he found.

Have fun,
Donald Bashford
The Scripps Research Institute
[email-masked]