Subject: RDEDX gamess-uk

From: Martijn Zwijnenburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:27:04 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem with gamess-uk. When I try to run a job containing 
12 silicon en 24 oxygen atoms and a 6-311G* basis-set I get the 
following error message:

Error detected
invalid number of words in rdedx

After which the job crashes. I'am I correct to assume that this is a 
memory problem? But wat puzzels me then is that just before it 
says:

invalid no of words: requested, present=    132        607

Looks to me that there is more present then requested and that 
sounds good, at least to me. Does anybody has a solution to this 
problem except running it on more processors (I tried 4 processors 
via mpi on a beowulf cluster with 1Gb of memory each)?

Cheers,

Martijn

P.S. With a 6-31G* basis the job run without any problems
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martijn Zwijnenburg
Lab. of Applied Organic Chemistry and Catalysis
Delft University of Technology
Julianalaan 136
2628 BL Delft
The Netherlands
Tel: 0031-(0)152782691
Fax: 0031-(0)152784700
e-mail: [email-masked]
web page: http://come.to/tock