Subject: "Theoretical Biochemistry Symposium" Announcement

From: Txema Mercero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:17:09 +0100

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the "Theoretical Biochemistry Symposium"
which will be held on march 5-7, 2003 in Donostia.

Theoretical modeling has evolved to a very important tool in 
biochemistry and biophysics, and ranges from elementary modeling to 
classical MD simulations or sophisticated quantum chemical treatments. 
Theoretical biochemists have over the years successfully addressed a 
wide variety of topics such as enzymatic reactions, drug design, DNA 
structure and function, biomimetics, and of course the recent 
applications in the area of bioinformatics. The aim of the present 
symposium is however to not only present explicit results from modeling 
studies, but also to allow for presentations of methodology, and we hope 
for a stimulating symposium with plentiful discussions and exchange of 
knowledge and ideas in the broad and fascinating field of Theoretical 
Biochemistry.

The symposium will take place at the conference room of the Donostia 
International Physics Center (DIPC), which is located just across the 
road of the Chemistry Department Building on Campus. Please refer to the 
meals link on the main page of the Symposium for a map. The maximum 
number of participants will be 40 people.

The organizers are planning to publish the proceedings of the Symposium 
as a special dedicated issue of a journal of the field. Instructions for 
the authors will be announced as soon as possible. Please check this web 
page regularly 
(http://www.sc.ehu.es/powgep99/dcytp/teoricos/Biophys/i_main.html)

The list of invited speakers that have already confirmed their 
participation can be found in the following link:

http://www.sc.ehu.es/powgep99/dcytp/teoricos/Biophys/STB.html

Donostia (San Sebastian in Spanish) is located in Northern Spain very 
close to the France South border and it is surrounded by three airports. 
The closest is the airport of San Sebastian, which is 10 Km East. The 
Biarritz airport in France, is also close to San Sebastian at 
approximately 40 Km North. However, the major airport is at Bilbao, 
approximately at 100 Km West from San Sebastian. Transportation from 
Bilbao airport to San Sebastian is fluent by bus. They run from Bilbao 
downtown every 30 minutes. San Sebastian can also be conveniently 
reached by car, and traffic in the city is easy.

Accommodation is not expected to suppose any trouble for the 
participants, who are refereed to the main page of the web site of the 
Symposium for more information about this point. Please make your choice 
and drop us an e-mail message ( [email-masked]) so we can do the 
reservation for you.

Finally, may I ask you to distribute this message to all of your 
colleagues that might be interested in the Conference. The organizing 
committee is pleased to thank you in advance for you help in the 
dissemination of this announcement.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further information. We 
look forward to your reply.

Leif A. Eriksson   ([email-masked])
Jesus M. Ugalde ([email-masked])