Subject: 03.08.25 Int.Conf: Appl.Stat.Phys. ASTATPHYS-2003, Puerto Vallarta MX.

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:48:42 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:39:13 -0600
From: Yosadara Ruiz-Morales <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Second International Conference on  Applied Statistical   
Physics: Molecular Engineering (ASTATPHYS-MEX- 2003)  
August 25-29, 2003 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  

Dear Colleagues,

This is to invite you to contribute with an oral or poster presentation 
in the "Statistical Physics: Molecular Engineering Conference
(ASTATPHYS-MEX-2003)", which will be held on August 25-29, 2003 
in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico. 

The Applied Statistical Physics: Molecular Engineering Conference
(ASTATPHYS-MEX-2003) will be the second international meeting of 
its kind. The ASTATPHYS-MEX-2001 was focused on Molecular 
Engineering where over 350 participants from the Americas, Europe 
and Asia attended. The conference proceedings were published 
by Molecular Physics. 

The ASTATPHYS-MEX-2003 Conference will focus on 
exciting topics of Molecular Engineering, with high level scientific 
content. Also, a social program with the traditional warmth and hospitality 
of Latin American people is being planned. The aim of the Conference 
is to gather applied and basic scientists interested in the design and
understanding of nanostructured materials and their applications.
 
The Conference topics will be: molecular design of catalysts and 
nano-catalysts, nano-tubes and fullerenes; magnetic nano-structures, 
nano-circuits, microlithography, supramolecular chemistry, 
nano-biotechnology, petroleomics; quantum engineering, electrokinetic 
phenomena, biological tissue reconstruction, polymers, gene-delivery, 
molecular self assembling, confined complex fluids, ionic channels, 
dynamics of confined fluids, phase transitions and other aspects of 
molecular engineering. What these topics have in common is 
the self-assembling of supramolecular species and/or molecular 
confinement, at micro or nano-scale level. The approach can be, 
for example, chemical synthesis, ATM, electronic microscopy, 
characterization, evaluation and prospective experiments, 
solid and soft condensed matter physics, quantum physics and 
chemistry, and equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical 
mechanics. 

We hope that the various Conference sessions will promote fruitful 
discussions among pure and applied scientists and technologists 
> from all over the world. We all can help to identify key areas of 
opportunity to enhance our understanding of nano-science. 
The program will have both invited and contributed presentations. 
During the Conference, there will be a Technological Exhibition, 
EXPO-ASTATPHYS-MEX-2003, where state-of-the-art experimental 
equipment, computer software and diverse products will be exhibited. 
The excellent facilities of the Nh Krystal Hotel in Puerto Vallarta will 
offer a natural frame to all of the above activities. 

Please check the Conference Web Site: 
http://www.amim.org/astatphys2003

where submission deadlines, registration costs and all related information on this 
event can be found. Please If you have any question do not hesitate to contact me.
Looking forward with pleasure seeing you in Puerto Vallarta in August.
 
Dr. Marcelo Lozada-Cassou
Mexican Petroleum Institute (IMP) 
ASTATPHYS-MEX-2003
Conference Chairman
e-mail: [email-masked]
------- End of forwarded message -------