Subject: Re: missing bonds in Rasmol

From: "Dr. Richard L. Wood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:22:38 -0600

Hi all

Thanks to Warren Delano, Tim R,. Jim Kress, Steve Williams, Mark,
Anthony Lewis, Nikolaus Stiefl,  and Ben Carrington for their helpful
suggestions.

What I've done is to use BabelWin to convert my xyz file to a pdb file
which has the connectivity table at the end, and Rasmol is able to read
this file with all the bonds.

The version of Rasmol that works with Chem2Pac gives a nice clean,
easily resizable image that can be copy pasted into a Word doc, as
opposed to saving images as bitmaps.

Now if I can just figure out a way to convert all my CHARMm files that
have missing bonds in Rasmol (Rasmol has a problem with a glycosidic
linkage, I think) to pdb files (BabelWin won't handle CHARMm files),
then I'll be all set...

Richard

--
Richard L. Wood, Ph. D.
Physical/Computational Chemist
Post-doctoral Associate
Department of Chemistry
Trinity University, San Antonio, TX 78212