Subject: Network components for Linux cluster

From: "Donald Keidel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:30:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I am in the process of building a linux cluster to perform gaussian 98
type calculations mainly.  I am wondering what type of network cards (PCI,
gigabit) did some of you use when you built the cluster and what type of
hubs switches etc was used to build your cluster.  If you could give me a
description of the networking protion (NICs, hubs, routers, switches,
etc.)of the cluster that would be great.  Thank you very much in advance.

Don

-- 
Donald J. Keidel
University of California, Riverside
Department of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology
Riverside, CA 92521
phone:  (909) 787-5493
fax:  (909) 787-4434
[email-masked]