Subject: MACC mtg: protein-protein interactions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:03:24 -0500

After a long hiatus, the next meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Computational 
Chemistry (MACC) group will be held on Thursday evening, February 20th, 
> from 6-9pm.  This will be a "twilight double-header" with two speakers -- 
Sushil Sharma and Terry Stouch -- each talking from a different 
perspective about understanding and modeling protein-protein interfaces. 
You are invited to attend; admission is free.

Sushil Sharma (Novartis Oncology) will speak on "Lessons learned from 
protein-protein interactions", based on his recent review from 'Current 
Medicinal Chemistry: Anti-Cancer Agents'.  Terry Stouch (BMS CADD) will 
speak on "Computer-assisted drug design (CADD) and the challenges of 
protein-protein interactions", based on his recent IBC conference 
presentation.  And who knows, maybe a "point / counterpoint" discussion 
will evolve.

The schedule is:
    Social hour and pizza        6-7pm
    Seminars, Q&A, discussion    7-9pm

The venue will showcase the new Novartis Research Center (NRC) in East 
Hanover, NJ; we just moved into these facilities.  The address is 
officially "One Health Plaza" (which tells you absolutely nothing about 
geography), but the site entrance is on Ridgedale Avenue near its 
intersection with Route 10 in East Hanover.  The room is the NRC building 
438 auditorium; security at the front gate will provide directions for 
parking and entering the building after-hours.  Additional detailed 
instructions will be e-mailed to you closer to the date of the event.

For R.S.V.P and estimating pizza quantities -- as well as additional 
information, navigation directions, accommodations or questions -- please 
e-mail to [email-masked].   We will need your name and 
affiliation about one week in advance so that visitor's badges can be 
prepared.

(If you wish to be added to the expanded MACC mailing list, even if you 
cannot attend this event, please e-mail me.)

Hope to see you soon,
Greg
...............("Specialization is for insects.").................
Greg Paris                          [email-masked]
Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research     Voice: 862.778.0365
Oncology Business Unit, Bldg 435-2163            Fax: 973.781.7578
One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ  07936-1080
..................................................................