Subject: Marvin 3.0 released (s-groups, 3D, charge, pKa, logD, etc.)

From: Ferenc Csizmadia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:25:13 +0100

Marvin Applets and Marvin Beans 3.0 have been released. The packages
contain software development tools and applications for chemistry.
Marvin Applets and JavaBeans support drawing/displaying chemical
structures and handling molecule objects.

FREE:
- Marvin Applets are free for free web sites.
- MarvinSketch and MarvinView applications accessed from
   ChemAxon's web site
     http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html
- Locally installed MarvinSketch, MarvinView, and MolConverter
    applications.

Important changes:
- Abbreviated groups, S-groups.
- 3D cleaning, 3D conversion from 2D or SMILES
- Elemental Analysis calculations
- Tools menu and plugins: Charge distribution, pKa, logP, logD.
   (Without license key only 1 calculation at a time is allowed)
- Creating user defined templates by dragging-and-dropping over
   template buttons.
- Nicer looking molecules; atom properties are displayed
   separately from element symbols.
- Radicals are supported.
- Faster import of large XYZ and PDB files.
- Molecule-related classes are 20-30% faster, R-group and
   reaction related classes are easier to use.
- Signed applet is the default (allowing clipboard
   operations and the accessing of the local file system)

The software can be tried/downloaded at
http://www.chemaxon.com/products.html

Online access
Applets: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/demos.html
Applications: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html

Regards,
Ferenc

--
Dr. Ferenc Csizmadia
CEO
ChemAxon
http://www.chemaxon.com