Subject: CCL: CLiDE v2.1 is released

From: Aniko Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:05:04 -0500

SimBioSys Inc. is pleased to introduce a new version of CLiDE.

CLiDE, an acronym for Chemical Literature Data Extraction, is a document 
image processing software, which extracts content (i.e. structures, reactions 
and text) of chemistry documents. While the major focus of CLiDE is to 
convert scanned images of 2D structures into MOL or ChemDraw file formats, in 
the latest version it can also convert 2D structures from PDF documents into 
various chemical file formats.

CLiDE version 2.1 contains many new features and enhancements, including:
* handling of PDF input files
* handling of 4/8 bit bitmap input file formats 
* better superatom recognition 
* simplified UI
* updated help system

Availability:
CLiDE v2.1 is available on various MS Windows platforms and it is offered in 
two packages:
* the Lite version is focusing on structures only, and it is suitable for 
occasional individual page or structure processing
* the Full version extracts structures, text and reactions, and it is geared 
towards creating databases from the literature.

For more information about CLiDE please visit our web site at: 
http://www.simbiosys.ca/ or write us at:
[email-masked]

The Lite version is also available from SciStore: 
http://chemstore.cambridgesoft.com/software/product.cfm?pid=269

--
Aniko Simon Ph.D.
[email-masked]