Subject: MQRD, 2003: Multidimensional Quantum Reaction Dynamics

From: Leticia Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:17:10 +0100 (CET)

*******************************************************
    *	Multidimensional Quantum Reaction Dynamics 2003   *
    *			MQRD 2003	  		  *
    *******************************************************

	http://www.bcp.fu-berlin.de/MQRD2003/index.html

		July 17-18, 2003 -Berlin, Germany
	     Chair: J. Manz, Freie Universität Berlin

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS:

This conference meeting will bring together, for the first time, leading
experts in the field for presentations and discussions of various
complementary state-of-the-art techniques, as well as forthcoming
applications. This should catalyze extensions and combinations of the
different approaches and stimulate advanced simulations of more complex
reaction systems and in new domains of reaction dynamics e.g. biomolecules
or catalysis. It will also serve as meeting place for young scientists who
are planning to enter the field.

 Recent developments of new methods allow quantum simulations of reaction
dynamics in high dimensionality- an area which was accessible solely for
classical molecular dynamics in the past. These methods- ranging from the
Multi-Configuration Time Dependent Hartree approach to various
semiclassical techniques- describe the nuclear motions of molecules with
important quantum effects such as zero point energies, tunnelling,
interferences and branching of wavepackets toward competing products. The
quantum simulations open the possibility for new applications from small
polyatomic molecules in the gas phase to reaction dynamics in the
condensed phase.

 The time of the conference, July 17 -July 18, 2003 has been chosen such
that the participants can attend complementary conferences in Europe, in
particular the International Congress on Quantum Chemistry ICQC 2003
(Bonn, July 20-25, chair: S.D. Peyerimhoff, http://www.icqc.uni-bonn.de).

INVITED SPEAKERS:

-Ben-Nun, Michal (Fremont, USA)
-Coker, David (Boston, USA)
-Gerber, Benny (Jerusalem, Israel)
-Hammes-Schiffer, Sharon (University Park, USA)
-Köppel, Horst (Heidelberg, Germany)
-Kühn, Oliver (Berlin, Germany)
-Luckhaus, David (Göttingen, Germany)
-Mahahpatra, Susanta (Hyderabad, India)
-Makri, Nancy (Urbana, USA)
-Manthe, Uwe (Garching, Germany)
-Martens, Craig (Irvine, USA)
-Martinez, Todd (Urbana, USA)
-Meyer, Hans-Dieter (Heidelberg, Germany)
-Nakamura, Hiroki (Okazaki, Japan)
-Miller, William H. (Berkeley, USA)
-Takatsuka, Kazuo (Tokyo, Japan)
-Thoss, Michael (Garching, Germany)
-Worth, Graham (London, England)
-Zhang, John Z. H. (New York, USA)