Subject: Invitation to 'Discovery Data Integration' Session at ACS NY, Sep tember 2003

From: "Miller, Mitch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:58:31 -0500

Hello!

At this ACS Meeting this coming September 7-11, 2003, I will be chairing
a session entitled 'Emerging Trends in Discovery Data Integration' and I
invite you to participate!

We're all familiar with the idea of data integration, having talked
about it for years and even made substantial progress toward 'putting it
all together,' but the landscape is changing.  Today's integration is
much more complex than yesterday's because of new technologies and new
business demands.

Suggested topics for talks in this session are:

-         The various _types_ of data to be brought together - more
diverse than in the past

-         The increasing demand for coherent functioning of diverse
systems

-         Different perspectives on what 'integration' means.

-         Enabling technologies - from a scientist's perspective

-         Federation vs. data warehousing

-         Information integration across
organizational/functional/national boundaries

-         Novel user interfaces that help get the job done

If you have other ideas about discovery data integration, please let me
know!

You can submit abstracts on-line using OASYS
(http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm <http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm> ),
e-mail, fax, mail or pony express.  (There's an extra charge for the
last method.)  See below for addresses:
 
Questions and ideas are also welcome.

See you in New York!

Mitch Miller

Mitchell Miller, Ph.D.
LION bioscience
955 Ridge Hill Lane
Suite 30
Midvale, UT 84047

Tel. 801 569 1390
Fax 801 365 3949

[email-masked]