Subject: autogrid/dock + segmentation fault on Redhat8

From: Carsten Detering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:29:32 -0800

Hi fellow AutoDockers and CClers,

Unfortunately I still couldn't fix the problem of AutoDock not being 
able to take more than ten atom types, although I think I did everything 
according to the guidance. I used the autocomm.h-extra-maps as 
autocomm.h, and at least I didn't have trouble compiling both programs. 
I changed the Makefile according to the Linux AutoDock HOWTO. But 
everytime I call autogrid, I get a segmentation fault, even if I use 
less than ten atom types. I think the problem arises when the program 
starts to calculate the grids, since the gpf file was read in without 
problems (according to glg). I also set the stacksize to unlimited, so 
this cannot cause the problem either (I use bash, so I have ulimit -s 
unlimited).

Is there anyone who experienced similar problems and could help me with 
this? I honestly don't know why this doen't work.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Carsten

-- 

Carsten Detering, Ph.D.
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
Fon 206.543.5081
Fax 206.685.8665