Subject: SUMMARY: G03W multiprocessor support?

From: Roy Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:19:20 -0700

All

I received a response from Gaussian. The answer is NO, G03W does not
support multiple processors. From previous discussion on CCL regarding
G98W, you can have multiple instances of Gaussian on the same computer
(you must purchase a license for ever instance) and Windows will
[hopefully] assign each job to a different processor. (Search the
archives for more information.)

Regarding my comment that Gaussian was not responding, it appears they
never received them -- they are usually good at responding. I am in
contact with them off-list (unless, of course, they don't get my
emails!!

Roy Jensen

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:05:31 -0400 (EDT), Gaussian wrote:
>
>   Dr. Jensen,
>
> > There was hope that the next version of Gaussian, G03W, would support
> > multiple processors. I couldn't find anything on the Gaussian website, nor
> > has Gaussian answered my emails. Does anyone know if it can?
> 
>    We have not added multiprocessor support to G03W or to G03M.  When
> we do this will be noted on the product description.
> 
>    I am curious about your comment that we have not answered your
> E-mail.  I don't have any messages from you on this topic.  When did
> you send them?  I don't think we have been losing mail messages but
> want to make sure.
> 

Roy Jensen

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Comment: available at www.consol.ca

------END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK------