Subject: Imidazole Catalysed Ester hydrolysis.

From: Lakshmi Devi Kesavan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:17:27 -0500 (CDT)

Dear cclers,

	I am studying an Imidazole catalyzed ester hydrolysis reaction.
The reaction involves the imidazole abstracting a proton from a water and
the hydroxyl ion (from water) acting as the nucleophile on the ester
carbon, resulting in an alcohol.

I have the following queries:

1) I would like to know if there is experimental data about the barrier
for this reaction in solution.

2) I found the following references but I am unable to get to these
journals;

ref.1: H. Neuvonen 1996: Ber. Bunsenges. Phys. Chem., 100, 1231.

ref.2: Y. I. Khurgin, T.N. Filatova 1973: Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div.
Chem. Sci., 22, 2255.

3) I would also like to know if there are any computational studies done
on such a reaction.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions or reference material with regards to
the subject. I will be happy to summarize my responses to ccl.

Thanking you in advance,

Devi

*************************
Ms. Lakshmi S Devi Kesavan
University of Minnesota
Department of Chemistry
207, Pleasant Street S.E,
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0431

Off # : 612-625-2909
*************************