Subject: flexx docking workshop 2003

From: BioSolve IT <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:29:32 +0200

Docking Workshop 2003

                   FlexX: Professional Usage for Virtual Screening and
                               Structure-based Drug Design

                                    October 9-10, 2003

                 Center for BioInformatics Hamburg (ZBH)
                 University of Hamburg
                 Hamburg, Germany

                 Organized by
                 BioSolveIT GmbH
                 St. Augustin, Germany
                 in cooperation with Matthias Rarey at ZBH

                 http://www.biosolveit.de/workshops/2003

scope  ----------------------------------------------------------

The workshop will give an in-depth introduction to the molecular docking
program FlexX. We will cover both the efficiency and accuracy of docking
calculations. You will learn how to set up and optimize your use of the
stand-alone version of FlexX. Start working in parallel and automate
your docking runs using scripts and optimized parameters. Benefit from
our new Python module py-FlexX. Add-ons and new developments will also
be included in the training: FlexE, FlexX-Pharm and more.

During dinner the evening before the workshop you may also like to take
the opportunity to learn more about other 'BioSolve IT' tools.

target users  ----------------------------------------------------------

The course is designed for novices and moderately experienced users.
A basic knowledge of standard UNIX commands is assumed.
The workshop will be held in English.

venue  ----------------------------------------------------------

The venue is equipped with PCs so the major part of the workshop will be
devoted to hands-on training.

tentative agenda  ----------------------------------------------------------

The training sessions will be held on Thursday (9th) from 9.00 to 18.00,
on Friday from 9.00 to 16.00.
Sufficient time for breaks and lunches will be provided.

fees  ----------------------------------------------------------

The fees include all learning materials, lunches and refreshments during
course times plus the welcome dinner on the evening of 8th (proposed
arrival date).

Early bird rate:   (closes on June 30th)    1000 EUR
Regular fee:       (from July 1st)          1400 EUR

academic discount   ---------------------------------------------

  For a limited number of academic participants
who register before June 30th, we offer a 40% discount
on the early bird rate. All applications coming in later
than June 30th have to be charged the regular fee.

registration        ---------------------------------------------

  Starting today (5/15) we will be happy to register you on a first come,
first served basis. Please note that for this hands-on training, space
is quite limited so please register early. If you want to attend the
workshop please register through:

     http://www.biosolveit.de/workshops/2003/registration.html