Subject: Accuracy of RPA linear response calculations

From: "Van Dam, HJJ (Huub)" <h.j.j.vandam/at/dl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:20:44 +0100

Dear CCLers,

I am planning to do some large scale calculations of excitation spectra 
in the Random Phase Approximation (RPA). However, before I burn fast 
amounts of CPU cycles I would like to have a good idea of how sensible I 
can expect the results to be (in comparison to experimental results). 

Could you suggest some recent review papers on applications of this 
theory, please? I will summarize the responses of course. If you choose 
to respond but do not want your response to appear in the summary please 
let me know.

Many thanks,

    Huub van Dam

-- 

========================================================================

Huub van Dam                               E-mail: h.j.j.vandam/at/dl.ac.uk
CCLRC Daresbury Laboratory                  phone: +44-1925-603362
Daresbury, Warrington                         fax: +44-1925-603634
Cheshire, UK                               mobile: +44-7739-330511
WA4 4AD

========================================================================