Subject: AutoDock install

From: Xiaobing Tian <xiaobing_at_tesla.jci.tju.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 10:37:51 -0400

Hello,

I recently downloaded the autodock program. The download was for version 
3.0, which unzipped to 3.05. I'm trying to install on a Red Hat Linux 
8.0 PC. I tried to follow the instruction under FAQ for editing the 
autodock makefile and the autogrid makefile. The lines to delete in the 
autodock makefile correspond as stated, but in the autogrid makefile the 
lines to remove do not correspond. When I compiled the autodock 
makefile, it was compiled with just warnings, so I assume it's okay. But 
the autogrid makefile had errors when I tried to compile after 
attempting delete the lines I was instructed to change even though the 
line numbers don't match up. Where there changes to the autogrid 
makefile recently that cause the linux install tutorial intstructions to 
not correspond correctly with the autogrid makefile? Would you be able 
to write out the text for the first and last line of the section to 
delete in the autogrid makefile?

Xiaobing.

-- 
Xiaobing Tian, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Pharmacology
Thomas Jefferson University
233 South 10th Street, Suite 219
Philadelphia PA19107

voice: 215-955-1364   fax: 215-955-4580, 215-923-9214
website: http://tesla.jci.tju.edu