Subject: Re: CCL:Crystal building tools

From: Gert von Helden <gertvh..at..rijnh.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:07:25 +0200

Dear Philip,
I use CrystalMaker (http://www.crystalmaker.co.uk). It is a great 
program to generate, visualize and manipulate Crystals. I use it and 
am very happy with it.
One potential problem for you might be that it only runs on Macintosh.

Hope that helps,
Gert

At 00:05 -0600 29/5/03, Philip Stortz wrote:
>To help with modeling electronic spectra of crystals, is there a 
>good package out there to build the initial crystal with at least a 
>couple dozen unit cells if i know the crystal structure?  I've tried 
>this with Cache a few years ago, and the drawing tool was not very 
>useful and very painful for building 3d crystals, bonds often wound 
>up in odd places where i didn't mean to put them and it was very 
>hard to view the bonds to see these problems.  Thanks again.
>
>--
>Philip Stortz -- To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is 
>trying its best night and day to make you everybody else is to fight 
>the hardest battle any human being will ever fight. -- E.E. Cummings
>
>
>-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
>To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your Subject: line
>and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY..at..ccl.net
>
>Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to: CHEMISTRY-REQUEST..at..ccl.net
>HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs
>
>If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
>Jan Labanowski,  jkl..at..ccl.net (read about it on CCL Home Page)
>-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-- 
*******************************************************
  Gert von Helden
  FOM Institute for Plasmaphysics Rijnhuizen
  Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
  http://www.rijnh.nl/   
  e-mail: gertvh..at..rijnh.nl
  phone: (+31) 30 6096999, fax: (+31) 30 6031204