Subject: Gaussian Workshop in Japan

From: "" <tripletdad*at*pghmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:33:50 -0400

Gaussian Workshop
Tokyo, Japan
October 7-10, 2003
 Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice

 Gaussian, Inc., in conjunction with Hewlett Packard, is pleased to sponsor 
“ Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice. ”  This workshop will be presented
by representatives of Gaussian, Inc., and will be held at the Tennoz Central Tower,

Hall 27, in Tokyo, Japan. The workshop will conducted in English.

The workshop will cover the full range of methods available in the Gaussian 03
 package with emphasis on new methods and features which make Gaussian applicable
to an ever widening spectrum of research applications. The workshop is structured

to provide an introduction to electronic structure theory as well as a hands-on
review
for researchers active in the field. It is open to researchers at all levels of
academic,
government and industrial research. 

Topic List:

 ·        Introduction to Electronic Structure Theory 
·        Independent Particle Methods 
·        Model Chemistries: A Framework for Understanding 
        Electronic Structure Theory Results 
·        Using ONIOM 
·        MCSCF Methods and Applications 
·        Geometry Optimization Techniques 
·        Electron Correlation Methods 
·        Density Functional Theory Methods 
·        Methods for Excited Electronic States 
·        Interpretation of Gaussian Results 
·        Prediction of Molecular Properties 
·        Solvent Effects via Electronic Structure Methods 
·        Estimating Resource Requirements 

There will be hands-on sessions each day.  Workshop participants will be
provided  with use of a workstation to complete exercises, experiment and/or
conduct short research topics. The GaussView user interface will be used to
perform visualization of results and to facilitate calculation setup. Each workshop
participant will also be provided a copy of the lecture notes, a copy of Exploring
Chemistry with Electronic Structure Methods (2nd. ed.) and a copy of the
 Gaussian 03 User’s Reference . 

Session Hours : Sessions will be held beginning Tuesday from 9:00 am until 
17:00 pm. Friday's session will be completed by 14:00 pm.

 Poster Session: We have added an informal poster session, which will take place
during the Tuesday evening social gathering of the Workshop. We invite you to
make a poster presentation on your research, for the benefit of the other participants
as well as the Gaussian instructors. We hope you will consider sharing your research
accomplishments with the group. Please let us know if you plan to participate in
the
poster session. 

Cost : Academic: $450.00 per person; Commercial: $600.00 per person.

 Public Transportation to the Workshop Location : 2 min. from Ten-nozu Station
Isle (Tokyo Monorail Line), 2 minutes from Ten-nozu Station Isle (Rinkai Line).

Meals : A boxed lunch will be provided. All other meals will be the responsibility
of each participant.

 Registration Forms and Hotel Info: A registration form and hotel information are
available on our website at  [http://www.gaussian.com/g_workshops/ws_tokyo.htm]http://www.gaussian.com/g_workshops/ws_tokyo.htm
.
Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of each participant.

 Registration Deadline :  Registration materials and the registration fee must be
received by September 19, 2003 .

Best Regards,

	David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David J. Moses, Ph.D.
Vice President, C.O.O.
Gaussian, Inc.
Carnegie Office Park
Building Six
Pittsburgh, PA 15106
 
412-279-6700 (Voice)
412-279-2118 (FAX)
[email-masked]
 [http://www.gaussian.com/] http://www.gaussian.com 

This notice is sent without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied by Gaussian
Inc.
HP or COMPAQ.  Gaussian ® is a registered trademark of Gaussian, Inc.