Subject: 03.11.13 US-Russian Workshop on Software Development, Tempe, AZ, US

From: "Dr. Jan K Labanowski" <jkl:at:ccl.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:53:24 -0400 (EDT)

US-Russian Workshop on Software Development

    Bridging atomic and macroscopic scales for materials, process,
                    and device design (SWN2003).

                      November 13-15, 2003
             Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA.
                  http://www.asdn.net/swn2003/

Computer modeling and simulation continues to have increasing impact on
process, material, and device design, eliminating a significant amount
of experimental work based on a trail-and-error approaches and reducing
the costs of the products and technologies.  However, incorporation of
atomic and molecular scale information into simulations of macroscopic
systems remains a challenge. Opportunities exist for the development of
integrated software tools that bridge the atomic and macroscopic scales,
to enable solutions to complex scientific and technological problems.
This workshop will bring together scientists and software designers who
are working in the area of process, material and device design on the
atomic scale with a particular focus on computation and predicting
measurable macroscopic characteristics. One goal of the workshop is to
stimulate an active collaboration and partnership between scientists and
software designer in developing the integrated tools and interfaces
between computer programs, which will allow the incorporation of
atomic-scale information in macroscopic simulations in an efficient and
reliable manner. Another aim of the workshop is to explore opportunities
for developing the expertise of scientists and engineers in the US and
Russia, former nuclear rivals, in the area of theoretical material
science to promote science, education and cooperation in non-military
technological areas. 

Organizers (Co-chairmen: B. Garrett & A. Korkin):
================================================
James Adams - Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA
Bruce Garrett - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA, USA
Bill Johnson - RJ Consulting, Scotsdale, AZ, USA
Anatoli Korkin  - Nano & Giga Solutions, Gilbert, AZ, USA
Jan Labanowski - Ohio Supercomputer Center, OH, USA
Maria Oseeva - SarovLabs, Sarov, Russia
Boris Potapkin - Kinetic Technologies, Moscow, Russia
Matt Stoker - DigitalDNA Lab Motorola, Tempe, AZ, USA

Sponsors:
=========
Arizona State University
Initiative for Proliferation Prevention
Kinetic Technologies
Nuclear Cities Initiative
Ohio Supercomputer Center
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
SarovLabs

Contact Info:
=============
Maria Oseeva
SarovLabs,23/16 Varlamovskaya Road
Sarov, Nizhni Novgorod Region, 607188, Russia
Phone: +7 83130 40201; Fax: +7 83130 44854/43871
e.mail: Maria.Oseeva[at]sarovlabs.com

Registration deadline - October 15th, 2003

For further details and registration visit the web site:
http://www.asdn.net/swn2003/