Subject: CCL: Mol2Mol 5.1.1

From: "Tamas E. Gunda" <tamasgunda<<at>>tigris.unideb.hu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:11:20 +0100

Dear CCL Members,

    The new 5.1.1 version of the molecule file conversion,
manipulation and utility program Mol2Mol is now available
> from http://web.interware.hu/frenzy/mol2mol as trial or
shareware version.
    The current version of Mol2Mol recognizes, and interconverts
more than 40 different file formats (including subtypes).
 It can slice multiple structural files to single ones (such 
as PDB models or MDL SD files to single ones) and vice versa
in several variations. Support for PDB Chime subformat
(with 1-2-3 bonds).
New in Mol2Mol 5.1:

New file type:
 Maestro file type added (read/write, compressed/uncompressed,
 single/multi)

Support of MacroModel atomtypes extended according to version 8.1

Display: 
 Option to display hetero atom and hydrogen atom symbols
 in vector models.
 Option added for chosing the anaglyph stereo colors: red/green or
 red/blue.

Several improvements concerning 2D molfiles (ISIS/Draw mol, sdf,
 rxn, rdf, ChemDraw ct, WinPLT):
 Implicit hydrogens are added and optionally shown.
 In the case of 2D molfiles stereobonds are now displayed. 
 Atom aliases from ISIS/Draw files and ChemDraw ct files are 
 displayed and are mutually converted.
 When converting to WinPLT files, implicit hydrogen support has
 been enhanced, conversion of atom aliases is also supported.

and several bug fixes.

   Mol2Mol is a very handy set of tools for everybody dealing with
molecular modelling.
   It is impossible to write here all of the features of Mol2Mol,
but have a look at its home page:

http://web.interware.hu/frenzy/mol2mol

POV-Ray fans may also have a look at:
http://dragon.klte.hu/~gundat/povraya.htm 

The program is available as 30 days unrestricted trial version or
as shareware version. 

Dr. Tamas E. Gunda
tamasgunda*AT*tigris.klte.hu