Subject: New Software for Chemical Education

From: "Gregory Banik" <greg..at..knowitall.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:41:59 -0600

Dear Colleague:

I am pleased to announce Bio-Rad's new software tool for teaching key concepts
in organic and analytical chemistry:  the Academic Edition of Bio-Rad's
KnowItAll(R) Informatics System.  The KnowItAll Academic Edition is available
by download at no charge for professors, other faculty and staff, and students
at degree-granting institutions (see website URL information below).  As the
winner of Scientific Computing & Instrumentation magazine's Reader's Choice
Award for Best Spectroscopy Software in 2001, 2002, and 2003, we proudly offer
this high quality teaching resource to the professors and students of
today--the professors and scientists of tomorrow.

The KnowItAll Academic Edition represents the combination of the renowned
Sadtler spectral data and software with the highly regarded ChemWindow software
(from the former Softshell company, now part of Bio-Rad).  The new program
includes:

- Applications for chemical structure drawing and reporting,
- A teaching version of the well-known Perch software for proton
  NMR spectrum prediction and simulation,
- Applications for processing NMR, IR, and Raman spectra, 
- Applications for IR and Raman spectroscopy functional group analysis, 
- The Sadtler Handbook of Infrared Spectra in a new web format, 
- An application for 3D structure creation and visualization,
- An application for symmetry and point group analysis, and
- Clipart for laboratory glassware and chemical engineering symbols.

I recently described the KnowItAll Academic Edition in two talks at the ACS
meeting in New York.  A recording of a recent webcast of these combined
presentations is available on our WebEx site at http://bio-radevents.webex.com
(please click on the "Recorded Events" link on the left).  The presentation
will give you ideas about how you can use KnowItAll to teach key concepts in
organic and analytical chemistry.

Please visit our web site at http://www.knowitall.com/academic to download your
copy of the KnowItAll Academic Edition--Bio-Rad wants to help you make each of
your students a KnowItAll in chemistry!

Best regards,

Gregory M. Banik, Ph.D.
General Manager

Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
Informatics Division
3316 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA  19104  
USA

Web:  http://www.knowitall.com/academic

If you would rather not receive e-mail from the Bio-Rad Informatics Division,
click on the following link, and you will be removed from our database.

http://www.knowitall.com/subunsub/unsub.asp?email=chemistry..at..www.ccl.net