Subject: CCL: Call for papers: Chemoinformatics Sheffield 2004

From: Val Gillet <V.Gillet!at!sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:22:24 +0100 (BST)

Call For Papers

The Chemical Structure Association Trust and the Molecular Graphics and 
Modelling Society announce their Third Joint Sheffield Conference 
on Chemoinformatics.  The conference will be held in The Octagon Centre 
and Tapton Hall of Residence, University of Sheffield, UK,
> from 21st to 23rd April 2004. Offers of papers are welcomed in all 
aspects of chemoinformatics. Possible topics include (but are not limited
to): 

* High-Throughput Screening including: assay QC and its influence on data 
	mining; design of screening collections; systems based design

* Virtual Screening including: docking and pharmacophore analysis;
	similarity methods; clustering

* Computational Methods for Lead Identification and Optimisation
	including: structure-activity methods; structure-based design

* New Algorithms and Technologies including: machine learning algorithms; 
	data handling and visualisation

* Case histories incorporating any of the above

Authors wishing to submit a paper for consideration should 
send a title and abstract to Val Gillet (v.gillet!at!sheffield.ac.uk) 
by 31st October 2003. Submissions will be selected as either oral
contributions or posters by the Organising Committee. In selecting
papers for oral presentation we will seek to achieve a balance between
new methodologies and successful applications of methods. 
Further details of the conference and registration information will follow
later in the year and will be posted at cisrg.shef.ac.uk/shef2004.