Subject: CCL: laptops in computational chemistry (II): Processors

From: "Gustavo Seabra" <seabra(at)ksu.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:41:35 -0500

Hi,

I want to theank everyone who answered my first question If there's any
interest, I can summarize the results.

Now, the answers I got raised another question: Has anyone noted a
significant difference between AMD Athlon and Intel P4 processors? (A laptop
running in AMD Athlon goes for about HALF the price of a P4 laptop with
similar clock.)

If I am to run QM calculations on the laptop, I'd be using Linux. so I'm not
worried about the operating system.

Gustavo.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
E-Mail: seabra(at)ksu.edu
Phone:(785) 532-6072
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506-3701