Subject: CC on MacOS X

From: Andras.Borosy*at*givaudan.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:07:10 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

MOE, Spartan, JChem run on  MacOS X. ISIS Base/Draw, ChemOffice and SciLab 
are MacOS 9.x applications, thus they also can be used in the new 
environment.

As MacOS X actually is a UNIX os, thus most of the applications created 
for UNIX can be used here, if one has a C or ForTran compiler and the 
source code. Some programs have been compiled to MacOS X, see:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/math_science/index.html.

I am a Mac-fan, but I could hardly believe that the price/performance 
ratio of a linux system (considered available compiled applicatons, as 
well) could be reached by a Mac.

Best regards,

András Borosy
PhD Computational Chemist
Givaudan Dübendorf AG
Fragrance Research
Ueberlandstr. 138
8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland
tel: + 41-1-8242164
fax: +41-1-8242926
e-mail: andras.borosy*at*givaudan.com