Subject: Re: CCL:transition dipole moment

From: "Jens Spanget-Larsen" <spanget.-at-.virgil.ruc.dk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:10:29 +0100

Dear Kwanyong Seo:

the X, Y, and Z components of the transition moment vector 
printed by Gaussian refer to the molecular coordinate system 
indicated under the heading 'Standard orientation:'. If you 
wish to express the transition moment vector in a different 
coordinate system you must rotate the vector into this system. 
The oscillator strength (Osc.) is independent of this 
tranformation.

Jens >--<

> Dear all,
> 
> I have performed the calculation to obtain a value of transition
> dipole moment (mu(A), mu(B), mu(C)) using G03 program. The method and
> basis set which I have used are CIS/6-31G**. A part of result(*.log)
> is as follow:
.....

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
JENS SPANGET-LARSEN         Office:         +45 4674 2710
Department of Chemistry     Fax:            +45 4674 3011
Roskilde University (RUC)   Mobile:         +45 2320 6246
P.O.Box 260                 E-Mail:        spanget.-at-.ruc.dk
DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark   http://virgil.ruc.dk/~spanget
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=