Subject: CCL moves to Notre Dame University, expect the unexpected...

From: Jan Labanowski <jkl=at=ccl.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:36:51 -0500 (EST)

Dear CCL,

I am moving CCL (and myself) to the University of Notre Dame this weekend.
I accepted a position of the Director of Science Computing Facility at
the College of Science at ND, and I will start there on Monday.

My new address is:

Jan K. Labanowski
Science Computing Facility
225 Nieuwland Science Hall
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556
E-mail: jlabanow=at=nd.edu

It is a challenge to move the CCL, since I will operate from a different
IP address space, I had to move DNS servers, and gazillion other things.
The gurus who know about TTL, caches, routers, etc... may understand that
it is not easy to do it cleanly...

Please be patient, and if your message is not distributed, you will need
to resend it later on... But at the same time, please send message to CCL,
so I can see if things are working...

Some of you may have the CCL in their whitelists in spam filters, etc. and
you may not get the CCL from the new address... The current IP of the
mail server for CCL is 192.153.40.39 (server.ccl.net). The IP address and name
of the new mail server is servernd.ccl.net (129.74.52.39). It will be also
CNAMEd to server.ccl.net (current name) at some point. Talk about it with
your SysAdmins if you need to...

Now the appeal... I have hundreds of unanswered messages in my mailbox.
Please be patient... You know that I do love you all, but I just do not have
time right now...

Thanks for your patience and understanding...
My jkl=at=ccl.net address should still operate for quite a while, so there
is no danger that I will miss your mail...

At the same time, please be considerate, since I am not sure myself
when I will crawl from under all these boxes...

Thanks again...
Jan

Jan K. Labanowski         |  phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center |  E-mail: jkl=at=ccl.net
1224 Kinnear Rd,          |  http://www.ccl.net/~jkl
Columbus, OH 43212-1163   |  http://www.ccl.net/    http://asdn.net/