Subject: Gaussian 03 Compilation with IFC (again)

From: "Pablo Vitoria" <qibvigap<<at>>lg.ehu.es>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:21:16 +0100

Hi,

A couple of months ago I asked in this list about the possibility of
compiling G03 with Intel Fortran Compiler (ifc), and I sent a summary of the
(few) answers saying that it is possible, although not supported by Gaussian
Inc.
Well, this e-mail is to inform that in the updates download section of Intel
(http://premier.intel.com), in the "File description" it says "This compiler
build has been certified for usage with Gaussian 03" for versions 7.1.037
and 8.0.038 (and above I guess), released at the end of 2003. I think that
is good news!
On the other hand, in the Gaussian page nothing has changed: the only
supported Fortran compiler seems to be Portland Gropu F77.

Best regards

Pablo

--------------------------------------------------------
Pablo Vitoria Garcia
Dpto. Qummica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad del Pams Vasco (UPV/EHU)
Aptdo. 644
48080 Bilbao (Bizkaia)

Tfno. 94 6015992
Fax. 94 4648500