Subject: CCL: Vega on line

From: Giulio Vistoli <giulio.vistoli(at)unimi.it>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:38:02 +0100

dear CCLers,

VEGA On-line (VEGAWE, http://galaxy.farma.unimi.it/vegawe) is a server-based
service for all Internet users that want use the VEGA features without
install it on their computer. VEGAWE can convert several file formats, add
hydrogen atoms, assign atom types and atomic charges.
It has got some interesting features:
1)It can be used with some Web server. At this time it was tested with
Internet Information Service by Microsoft.
2)No script interpreter required. VEGA WE is a small application written in
C allowing fast Web server responses with a low resource consumption.
3) No files can be directly uploaded to the server in order to prevent DoS
attacks.
4)All user operations are logged and the logging level can be changed in
order to obtain more exhaustive information.
5)The interface can be customized in easy way with an initialization
scripts.
6)Support for PocketPC devices trough specific pages with low-detailed
graphic and automatic detection for handled/desktop PC.
7)VEGA WE/On-line can be obtained free of charges contacting directly the
Authors.

Best regards

Giulio Vistoli & Alessandro Pedretti

_________________________
Giulio Vistoli
Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica
Viale Abruzzi, 42
I-20131 Milano
Italia
Tel. +39-02-50317545
Fax +39-02-50317565
giulio.vistoli(at)unimi.it
http://www.ddl.unimi.it