Subject: Local correlation methods: From molecules to crystals

From: MSSC <mssc.-at-.unito.it>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:00:15 +0100

Local correlation methods: From molecules to crystals

                   Torino, September 9-11, 2004
      
                       WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT

Local Correlation techniques permit the accurate and efficient
evaluation of post-HF correlation corrections in large molecules. 
Their adaptation forthe solution of the same problem in non-conducting
periodic systems is straightforward in principle but technically
demanding. Implementation of local-MP2, the simplest form of post-HF ab
initio scheme, in connection with the CRYSTAL program (CRYSCOR project)
is currently at an advanced stage, as the result of the collaboration
between the Theoretical Chemistry Group of the Torino University and
scientists from different Institutions (M. Sch|tz, C. Zicovich).

In order to analyze the present stage of CRYSCOR, to discuss 
computational strategies, to suggest new developments, to propose
applications and to promote new collaborations in this area of research,
the Torino group is organizing a 3-day workshop with the participation,
on invitation, of some eminent scientists.

The title of the Workshop is:  Local correlation methods: From
molecules to crystals ; it will take place  in Torino, Italy
on September 9-11, 2004.

More detailed information, and a  Declaration of interest form  are
found at http://www.theochem.unito.it/workshop04

Theoretical Chemistry Group
University of Torino
mssc.-at-.unito.it

_____________________________________________________________________
For your security, this mail has been scanned and protected by Inflex