Subject: Call for Papers - ACS CINF program at Philadelphia

From: Osman F Guner <osman_at_accelrys.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:43:55 -0700

We are putting together a very diverse and rich program at the 
Cheminformatics Division in the upcoming ACS National Meeting. The 
following is the full 'tentative' program.  Please contact the session 
organizers directly for specific questions on the symposia. 

Deadline for paper submission is April 28th.  Use the OASYS (
http://oasys.acs.org/oasys.htm) to submit your abstracts.  Click on the 
chemical information division link (CINF) and follow the instructions.

Philadelphia,
Aug. 22-26, 2004
Division of Chemical Information

Program Chair: O. F. Güner, Accelrys Inc, 9685 Scranton Road, San Diego, 
CA 92121-3752, 858-799-5341, fax 858-799-5100, e-mail: osman_at_accelrys.com 

Advances in virtual high-throughput screening (Cosponsored with COMP and 
MEDI). O. F. Güner

Emerging technologies in chemical information S. B. Singh, Concurrent 
Pharmaceuticals, 502 West Office Center Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034, 
215-461-2048, fax 215-461-2006, e-mail: ssingh_at_concurrentpharma.com

Emerging technologies: Image data management L. A. Harmon, Striatus, 8703 
Webster Hills Rd., Dexter, MI 48130, 734-426-6272, fax 734-661-0409, 
e-mail: lharmon_at_striatus.com

Forging the path for future female leaders (Cosponsored with WCC). P. J. 
Scott, Legal Division, Pfizer, Inc, Eastern Point Road, MS 8260-1611, 
Groton, CT 06340, 860-441-3780, fax 860-715-7353, e-mail: 
Pamela_J_Scott_at_groton.pfizer.com; E. Shanbrom, Product Marketing 
Management, Chemical Abstracts Service, 2540 Olentangy River Road, 
Columbus, OH 43202-1505, 614-447-3710, fax 614-461-7149, e-mail: 
eshanbrom_at_cas.org; H. Yun, Pfizer, Inc, 182 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 
07950, (973) 385-4228, fax (973) 385-4756, e-mail: helen.yun_at_pfizer.com
--INVITED PAPERS ONLY--
General papers O. F. Güner

Graduate Education in Chemical Informatics: Needs and Opportunities 
(Cosponsored with CHED, YCC and PRES). G. D. Wiggins, School of 
Informatics, Indiana University, 901 East Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 
47408-3912, (812) 856-1086, fax (812) 856-4764, e-mail: 
wiggins_at_indiana.edu

Herman Skolnik Award Symposium - Peter Johnson
--INVITED PAPERS ONLY--
Informatics challenges in outsourcing your research (Cosponsored with 
MEDI). T. Wright, MDL Information Systems, Inc, 14600 Catalina Street, San 
Leandro, CA 94577, 510-357-2222, fax 510-614-3652, e-mail: terryw_at_mdli.com

Integration of analytical and experimental data into enterprise-wide 
system (Cosponsored with ANLY, COMP and MEDI). L. A. Harmon

Poster session O. F. Güner

Posters on chemical Information instruction (Cosponsored with PRES). E. 
Kajosalo, Libraries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 
Masschusetts Avenue, Room 14S-134, Cambridge, MA 02155, 617-253-9795, fax 
617-253-6365, e-mail: kajosalo_at_mit.edu

Scholarly publishing: Challenges for peer review in the Digital World 
(Cosponsored with COMSCI). D. P. Martinsen, ACS Publications, American 
Chemical Society, 1155 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036, 240 683-0217, 
e-mail: d_martinsen_at_acs.org

Scholarly publishing: Initiatives and electronic publishing (Cosponsored 
with COMSCI). L. R. Solla, Physical Sciences Library, Cornell University, 
293 Clark Library, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2501, 
607-255-4016, fax 607-255-5288, e-mail: lrm1_at_cornell.edu; E. Kajosalo

Scholarly publishing: Pespectives on Open Access (Cosponsored with 
COMSCI). A. Twiss-Brooks, University of Chicago, John Crerar Library, 5730 
S. Ellis Ave, Chicago, IL 60637-1403, 773-702-8777, e-mail: 
atbrooks_at_uchicago.edu; B. Town, Kilmorie Consulting, 24A Elsinore Road, 
London, SE23 2SL, England, +44 20 8699 9764, e-mail: 
bill_at_town9674.fsnet.co.uk

Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Cheminformatics and Rational Drug Design
Accelrys Inc.,  858-799-5341
osman_at_accelrys.com, http://www.accelrys.com