Subject: autodock 3.05 intallation... Please help

From: "will" <ewlowe(at)helios.acomp.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:48:43 -0400

I'm totally new to unix based systems, but my PI has put me in charge of
getting autodock up and running in our lab.  I am trying to install
autodock on the latest version of cygwin on my Toshiba winxp laptop.
Having very limited knowledge on unix, I've done the best I can to
compile autodock and autogrid from the src directory.  Unfortunately,
I'm not sure what exactly to edit in the makefile.  All of the websites
referenced for compiling/installing autodock on a linux system no longer
exist for some reason.  I've gone into the makefile of autodock and done
the best I can as far as changing what was apparent, but still get the
following error:
 
./libad.a(rep.o)(.text$...  :rep.cc: undefined reference to operator
delete (void*)            a lot of those undefined reference lines
 
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [autodock3] Error 1
 
any help or if someone could simply send me a copy of their makefile
that would work for my architecture would be greatly appreciated.  
 
Will
University of South Florida
Ewlowe(at)helios.acomp.usf.edu