Subject: g98+opteron+pgf77

From: Szieberth Denes <dino=at=iris.inc.bme.hu>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:21:03 +0200 (CEST)

Dear CCL,
I'm trying to compile Gausian98A11.3 on a 64bit linux/opteron system with
the pgf77 5.1 compiler. After some time the compilation stops with the
following message:

gf77    -O2 -tp k8-64 -fPIC  -Munroll -Mvect=cachesize:524288 -o g98 ml0.o
util.so
/usr/pgi/linux86-64/5.1/libso/pgfmain.o(.text+0x4e): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `MAIN_'
util.so: undefined reference to `errno'
util.so: undefined reference to `gsr48_'
util.so: undefined reference to `drand48_'
make: *** [g98] Error 2

Could anyone point out what am I doing wrong? Has anyone compileg g98 for
opteron successfully?

best regards

Dr Denes Szieberth
Department of Inorganic Chemistry
Budapest University of Technology and Economics