Subject: Frequency job in solvent

From: Liviu Mihail Mirica <liviu=at=stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:35:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I have a question regarding a Gaussian98 frequency job in a solvent. The
input section is given below:

#P gfinput iop(6/7=3)
#P RB3LYP/6-31G* scfcyc=400
#P guess=read geom=check scrf=(pcm,solvent=thf) freq

for some reason, the job seems to do the SP calculation in a solvent
over and over again. i let the job to run for a week, and all i got as
about 30 sp jobs. and it keeps going. it never starts calculating the
force constants or so. does anyone know what could be the problem? is the
solvent method i'm uasing the cause for this? is in any way possible to
get the free energy in solvent (that's the reason i'm doing a frequency
job).
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Liviu Mirica

**************************
Liviu Mihail Mirica			tel: 650-497-3188
Escondido Village, 35 B			email: liviu=at=leland.stanford.edu
Stanford, CA 94305, USA