Subject: Re: CCL:database agrochemicals/insecticides ?

From: Stephen Bowlus <chezbowlus=at=goldrush.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:17:56 -0700

I'm not aware of a database of ag chemicals along the lines of NCI  
database, but I have not been in that particular field for five or six  
years (there was _not_ one up until 1999 for sure).  Some places to  
look:

Since you are in Champaign, check with researchers at Illinois Natural  
History Survey.  Many moons ago they had very tight connections with  
extension services and the like, who might know of online resources.   
Similarly, talk to researchers in the entomology departments and  
agronomy/ crop sciences departments.  In entomology, there used to be  
an applied effort in vector control.  This was run by Robert Metcalf;  
I'm sure he is retired, but perhaps another researcher is doing this  
type of work, and they would use similar resources.

USEPA will have some of this data, but I don't know if it will be  
organized in way to be of use to you.  I would also look at NIEHS web  
site.

There are some standard reference books, somewhat like the Merck index,  
but with more extensive monographs, from which a database could be  
compiled.  Google the "Pesticide manual" and/or "Herbicide handbook"

Hope this helps,
Steve

On Apr 27, 2004, at 7:45 AM, Jerome Baudry wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am looking for a database of agrochemicals compounds -in particular
> insecticides- for use in V-HTS. Preferably in sdf format, but any  
> electronic
> format will do. Any quantity of information is fine, from just the  
> structure
> to catalog #, purity/price etc..
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks ,
> Jerome
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> Jerome Baudry, Ph.D.       Senior Research Scientist, VizLab Manager.
> School of Chemical Sciences    University of Illinois at  
> Urbana-Champaign
> 505 S. Mathews Ave.; Box 2.1; Urbana, IL, 61801
>  Phone: (1) (217) 244 3210; Fax: (1) (217) 333 3120;    e-mail:
> jerome=at=scs.uiuc.edu
>
>
>
> -= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
> To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your  
> Subject: line
> and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY=at=ccl.net
>
> Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to:  
> CHEMISTRY-REQUEST=at=ccl.net
> HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs
>
> If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
> Jan Labanowski,  jlabanow=at=nd.edu (read about it on CCL Home Page)
> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- 
> +-+
>
>
>
>
>
>