Subject: Question regarding Gaussian warnings and output file tags

From: Douglas Sievers <dsievers^at^ucla.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:52:53 -0700

Dear CCLers,

As all users of Gaussian know, the output files are usually full of 
cryptic phrases, such as the following

********** Start **********

 EnCoef did     4 forward-backward iterations
 EnCoef did     4 forward-backward iterations
 EnCoef did     4 forward-backward iterations
 EnCoef did     1 forward-backward iterations
 EnCoef did     4 forward-backward iterations
 EnCoef did     6 forward-backward iterations
 Restarting incremental Fock formation.

 **** Warning!!: The largest alpha MO coefficient is  0.26465078D+02

   1 Symmetry operations used in ECPInt.
 ECPInt:  NShTT=   14878 NPrTT=   82700 LenC2=   13799 LenP2D=   52709.
 LDataN:  DoStor=F MaxTD1= 7 Len=  274
 LDataN:  DoStor=T MaxTD1= 7 Len=  274

********** End **********

Is there a resource which explains what these things mean? I can imagine 
the largest MO coefficient being very large (or greater than 1) would 
have some implications, but I'm not sure if this is something that the 
program is fixing on its own, or if this means my calculation result 
will be poor. Also, all of the flags, such as NShTT, DoStor, etc., are 
not explained in any of the manuals that I have. Does anyone know if the 
"Programmers manual" from Gaussian has more help on these details?

Thank you all!

Doug Sievers
dsievers^at^ucla.edu