Subject: 04.11.12 13th Conference on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry, Jackson, MS, USA

From: "Yevgeniy Podolyan" <podolyan:at:ccmsi.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:59:27 -0500

Dear Colleagues:

We are pleased to announce and to invite you to attend the 13th Conference
on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry (CCTCC). This symposium,
organized by Jackson State University, covers all areas of computational
chemistry as well as quantum chemistry. This year the 13th CCTCC will be
held at the Jackson Hilton Hotel, Jackson, Mississippi on November 12-13,
2004. A banquet is scheduled for the Saturday evening and a dinner and
reception for Friday. 

The format consists of a series of (invited) plenary lectures and poster
presentations on Friday and Saturday covering applications as well as
theory. As suggested by Professor Pople, two years ago we inaugurated a new
tradition for the second decade of our conferences. Starting with the 11th
CCTCC each meeting is featuring a talk named after eminent computational
chemists. This year the third presentation in this series will be given by
Dr. Peter Pulay from the University of Arkansas. The 13th Conference will
also feature another talk given in the ancillary Noble Lecture Series. The
lectures in this series are presented in a relaxed, after-dinner atmosphere
by the noble speakers and are devoted to noble scientific events and people.
As such, it is an exceptional lecture to the conference and, contrary to the
regular talks, might not necessarily report any Current findings. This year
the talk will be delivered by Istvan Hargittai from Budapest University of
Technology and Economics, Hungary. 

We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to four pages each) of all
invited talks and poster presentations. Original scientific contributions
will be published in a special issue of the International Journal of Quantum
Chemistry. Manuscripts for inclusion in the special issue should be
submitted in triplicate upon arrival at the registration desk. Submitted
papers will be subject to the journal's standard referee procedures.

This year, courtesy of Parallel Quantum Solutions, we will again award 3
monetary prizes for the best student posters.

For more information about the conference and to register visit our web site
at
http://cctcc.ccmsi.us

Jerzy Leszczynski
Chairman of the Organizing Committee