Subject: CCL: ACS COMP Division: Ad Hoc Supercomputing

From: Michelle Francl-Donnay <mfrancl-.at.-brynmawr.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:20:50 -0400

Dear CCL colleagues:

The Computers in Chemistry division would like to invite you to try ad 
hoc supercomputing!

Two ways to try it:

Join us at the ACS meeting in Philadelphia next week on Wednesday, 
August 25th in the Convention Center, Room 203A from 10-4.  Between 10 
and 12 we will be building an ad hoc cluster to run a NAMD calculation. 
Come by at lunch to see how many flops we are getting!  We will have a 
practice corral set up for those who want to try setting up a cluster 
on the fly -- a small cluster can be built and calculating in under 15 
minutes.  Want to be part of the cluster --- and get a cool t-shirt??  
Laptop getting heavy?  Leave your laptop with us for the morning and 
let us do some fast computing with it!  Volunteer your laptop by 
e-mailing mfrancl-.at.-brynmawr.edu.

Aren't going to be at the ACS meeting?  Download the software from 
http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~pjmiller/Chemistry_By_FlashMob.iso and try it 
yourself! Everything you need is there, along with complete 
instructions.  We'd love to know if you find this useful, so send 
feedback to me, at the address below.

Sincerely,

Michelle M. Francl
Chair 2004, COMP Division

Professor of Chemistry
Bryn Mawr College
101 N Merion Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

"Qui cantat bis orat"