Subject: CFP, Program & Submissions: Applications of Cheminformatics & Chemical Modelling in Drug Discovery

From: Barry Hardy <barry.hardy{at}tiscalinet.ch>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:39:05 +0200

The eCheminfo 2004 conference "Applications of Cheminformatics & Chemical 
Modelling in Drug Discovery" takes place 8-19 November 2004.  (See 
http://echeminfo.com/ for further information and to register.)  Further 
summary information on program and poster & paper submission follow here.

Program

The program for eCheminfo 2004 currently already involves over 60 seminars 
in the following session topic areas: Libraries, Virtual Screening, 
Docking, QSAR, Quality Control & Validation, Protein Modelling, Modelling 
of Membranes & Ion channels, QM/MM, Open Source, Grid Computing and Drug 
Design.

Conference Brochure: 
http://conferences.metalayer.net/echeminfo/design/conference/dcechemininfoflyerregform.pdf

Conference Program (with abstracts & bios): 
http://conferences.metalayer.net/echeminfo/design/conference/html/speakerinfoechem.htm

Community & Conference Blog (news & views):
http://barryhardy.blogs.com/cheminfostream/

Format

This is a virtual conference so you can listen to the talks at any time 
> from any place using an Internet connection and phone;  no special 
equipment is required.  All conference seminars including audio are made 
available through http://echeminfo.com/ both during and after the 
conference. Conference registrants may exchange messages and contact 
information through the Web site.  Conference discussions and question 
sessions will be held via phone conference and Web-based discussion-based 
facilities.

Call for Posters

All eCheminfo 2004 registrants are eligible to submit a Conference Poster. 
Attendees may view and discuss the Posters and leave messages for the 
authors on the Web site. Poster Abstracts (of ca. 300 words) with Title, 
Institution, Authors and Contact Information should be submitted to Barry 
Hardy at echeminfo{at}douglasconnect.com by 30 September 2004.

Conference Posters can be presented as HTML, pdf, Powerpoint or Word documents.

All accepted Posters in 2004 will be eligible for the eCheminfo 2004 Best 
Poster Awards.

Publication Option

All  eCheminfo 2004 conference registrants are offered the option of 
submitting a paper for refereed publication in the Journal "Molecular 
Simulation".  All accepted papers will be included in a special issue of 
Molecular Simulation devoted to the theme of eCheminfo 2004 "Applications 
of Cheminformatics & Chemical Modelling to Drug Discovery".  The special 
issue will be co-edited by the Conference Chairs, David Lloyd (Trinity 
College), Brad Feuston (Merck) and Barry Hardy (Douglas Connect) and is 
scheduled for publication in April 2005.  The final decision on approval 
for all papers will rest with Molecular Simulations's Chief Editor, Prof. 
Nick Quirke, Imperial College London.

Submitted papers should follow the guidelines of the Molecular Simulation 
journal located at:

http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/08927022.asp

If you intend to submit a paper please notify Barry Hardy at 
echeminfo{at}douglasconnect.com and submit an abstract of ca. 300 words by 30 
September 2004.

best regards
Barry Hardy

Barry Hardy, PhD
Douglas Connect, Switzerland
www.douglasconnect.com
+41 61 851 0170 (office)
Email: barry.hardy{at}tiscalinet.ch