Subject: Origin of dipole moment in Gaussian

From: Hans Martin Senn <senn|at|mpi-muelheim.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:39:05 +0200

Dear all

This question is almost embarrassing, but I was unable to find a  
definite statement as to the choice of origin of the dipole moment in  
Gaussian 03's output. I have come across hints for both the centre of  
mass and the centre of nuclear charges. Can anybody provide me with an  
authoritative answer?

Best regards

Hans

........................................................................ 
.
Dr. Hans Martin Senn
Max-Planck-Institut f|r Kohlenforschung
Kaiser-Wilhelm-Platz 1                          Phone +49 (0)208 306  
2163
D-45470 M|lheim an der Ruhr                       Fax +49 (0)208 306  
2996
Germany                                   E-mail  
senn|at|mpi-muelheim.mpg.de