Subject: ECCC10 April 2004 - Call for Papers

From: Robert Topper <rtopper^at^monmouth.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:19:59 -0500

ECCC10 Announcement

Dear colleagues,

I am very pleased to invite your participation in the 10th Electronic
Computational Chemistry Conference. ECCC10 will be held April 1-30 2005,
entirely on the Internet, at http://eccc.monmouth.edu. As with the
previous nine ECCCs, ECCC10 has NO registration fee and is a completely
virtual, online conference.

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Donald G. Truhlar (University of
Minnesota) has agreed to present the keynote address to ECCC10. Dr.
Truhlar is an internationally respected expert in computational
chemistry and chemical physics who to date has co-authored nearly 700
research publications. The proceedings will be published in a special
issue of Theoretical Chemistry Accounts.

The ECCC is a multidisciplinary, international conference and spans all
aspects of computational and theoretical chemistry and materials
science, as well as computational molecular biology, computational and
theoretical molecular and atomic physics, visualization,
cheminformatics, the history of computational chemistry, computational
chemistry and education, and all related fields. Participants will be
able to view the presentations and discuss them entirely through a web
browser. The ECCC was originally developed by Steven Bachrach, who also
organized the first five meetings.

Abstracts for all contributions to ECCC10 will be peer-reviewed to
insure novelty, scientific  value, and appopriateness for inclusion in
the conference. This peer review is directed by members of the ECCC10
Scientific Organizing Committee, who have volunteered to help with all
aspects of the conference.

The members of the ECCC10 SOC are:

Robert Topper, Monmouth University (Chair)
Frederick R. Bennett, CSIRO Minerals
David Chatfield, Florida International University
Olga Dmitrenko, University of Delaware
Guangyu Sun , NCI-Frederick, NIH
Mark Tuckerman, New York University
Amir Weitz, RAFAEL

This year, following peer review of the abstracts we plan to publish a
virtual online booklet of the accepted abstracts online sometime after
the conference ends. In addition, presenting authors can elect to submit
their work for additional peer review and publication in a special
ECCC10 Proceedings issue of Theoretical Chemistry Accounts.

All presentations must be made in HTML format and ideally will take full
advantage of the interactive nature of the World-Wide Web (using
animations, hyperactive molecules, etc.) to present their findings and
conclusions. Authors may choose to either serve their contributions from
their own local web site, or may request us to serve them from our own
server. Uploaded contributions will be removed from our
server at the end of ECCC10.

As in ECCC8 and ECCC9, a single weeklong "interactive" session will be
part of the
conference. This session will be held via asynchronous posting of
questions to the conference site, which authors can choose to receive
either at the site, at their personal email account, or both. All
authors must commit to having at least one coauthor available to answer
questions (i.e. by checking the discussion board at least once daily)
during the "interactive" session to provide timely responses (within
approximately 24 hours) to any questions that conferees may have about
their online presentation.

Important dates for ECCC10 are:

December 1, 2004   Registration (free) for ECCC10 begins
January 28, 2005 - Abstracts must be submitted on the conference website

March 24, 2005 - Final presentations of accepted presentations due
online
April 1, 2005 - ECCC10 begins
April 11, 2005   Interactive Session begins
April 18, 2005   Interactive Session ends
April 30, 2005   ECCC10 ends
June 30, 2005   Submissions to the ECCC10 Proceedings due

As mentioned above, all ECCC10 presentations must be in HTML format,
with their layout and presentation at the discretion of the authors.
Authors who wish to submit an article to the ECCC10 Proceedings will
need to develop their contribution according to the editorial standards
and accepted formats of Theoretical Chemistry Accounts.

We greatly look forward to your participation in ECCC10, and ask you to
please encourage your colleagues and students to participate in what
should be an excellent meeting.

--
Robert Q. Topper
Chair and Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry, Medical Technology and Physics
Monmouth University
400 Cedar Avenue
West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898
(732)571-4418 (voice);(732)263-5213 (fax)

rtopper^at^monmouth.edu
http://www.monmouth.edu/~rtopper