Subject: PRODRG available for download / release of PRODRG2.5 server (fwd)

From: Daan van Aalten <vdava)at(davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:55:16 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all

The PRODRG2 program, which generates coordinates and topologies from
scratch (output formats: various PDB files with/without hydrogens and CNS,
REFMAC, SHELX, WHAT IF, O, MDL Molfile, Mol2, Gromacs, Autodock (and
others) topologies) is now available as a binary executable for free for
academic users.  Please download and use PRODRG locally if you want to,
for instance, convert large libraries of small molecules - this will
relieve some of the strain on the server, which is still there for anyone
to use and always runs the most up-to-date/bug-fixed version.

In addition, a new version, PRODRG2.5, is available for testing on the
server (and will also soon be available for downloading). There are
several improvements, the most significant improvement is compatibility
with the Gromos96 force field. PRODRG2.5 is very much a beta version and
we would welcome your feedback to help us improve it.

The server/download page is at http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/prodrg

Happy PRODRG-ing and best wishes for 2005!

Alex Schuettelkopf & Daan van Aalten

##############################################################################
Dr. Daan van Aalten                    Wellcome Trust Senior Fellow / Reader
Wellcome Trust Biocentre, Dow Street   TEL: ++ 44 1382 344979
Div. of Biol.Chem. & Mol.Microbiology  FAX: ++ 44 1382 345764
School of Life Sciences                E-mail: see WWW page
Univ. of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK    WWW: http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk