Subject: compiling problems

From: "Ru-Zhen Li" <r.li!at!qmul.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:22:41 -0000

Dear all,

I am compiling some software with MPI, and the command is:

$(MAKE) LD="ifort -o" \
 LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/encap/mpich-125-2-intel/lib -lmpich -lpmpich" \
 FC=ifort FFLAGS="-c -O -B100" TIMER="" \
 CPFLAGS="-D$(STRESS) -DMPI -P -D'POINTER=integer' \
 -I/usr/local/encap/mpich-125-2-intel/include/" \
 EX=$(EX) BINROOT=$(BINROOT) $(TYPE)

during the compilation, the source file .f  are transferred to .i

as it showed:
/lib/cpp -DSTRESS -DMPI -P -D'POINTER=integer' -I/usr/local/encap/mpich-125-2-intel/include/filename.f
 > filename.i
cp filename.i filename.tmp.f
mv filename.tmp.o filename.o
rm filename.i

for some of the file, after the .f changed to tmp.f, some of the statements
are moved to the left, so the format of the file is messed up, for eg.

100    close     changed to
100   close

does any one have similiar experience? anyone have any suggestions?

thank you!

best wishes,

R.Z
**********************************************************************
Ms Ru-Zhen Li

0044-020-78826327
r.li!at!qmul.ac.uk
http://www.freewebs.com/lrz/
Materials Department
Queen Mary
University of London
E1 4NS
**********************************************************************