Subject: Announcement from IAQMS

From: morokuma keiji <morokuma)at(euch4e.chem.emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:39:41 -0500

The International Academy of Quantum Molecular Science (IAQMS,
http://www.iaqms.org/) wants to make the following announcements.

1. NOMINATION AND CASH AWARD FOR THE ANUUAL MEDAL OF IAQMS
IAQMS gives out an Annual Medal to a person of 40 years or less (on the
first day of January of the year the decision is made) who has published
very original papers that have an evident importance for Quantum Molecular
Science. The list of the past Laureates can be found at
http://www.iaqms.org/IAQMS.awards.html. Anyone who wishes to be considered
for the Annual Medal should contact an appropriate Academy member (see
http://www.iaqms.org/IAQMS.members.html) with regard to his/her possible
nomination, by mid April each year. Starting in 2005, an award of EUR 3000
will accompany the Annual Medal.

2.POSTER AWARDS AT XII-ICQC, MAY 21-26, 2006, KYOTO
The Twelfth International Congress of Quantum Chemistry (XII-ICQC) will be
held in Kyoto from May 21 to May 26, 2006 (see
http://sbchema.sbchem.kyoto-u.ac.jp/XII-ICQC2006), under the auspice of
IAQMS. At this and each future Congress an award of EUR 500 each will be
made to the five best posters determined by popular vote.