Subject: CCL: Re: Required list of CDK2 inhibitors

From: Dave Rogers <wantye*at*gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:05:54 -0500

Did anyone reply to this message?

  Whenever I see something like this, it kind of irks me.  If you want
really this kind of thing, you should go and look for it yourself. 
This is the kind of information and type of problem private industry
should be working to solve -- for its own benefit and possible income.

  Also, I am a grad. student, which means that I not financially
well-off; and seeing that there are people out there (making more than
me) who are actively using the goodwill of academia makes me very
unlikely to publish any software that I stayed up countless nights
programming (and debugging and validating) until 3am.  The
counter-argument is, of course, that what I don't publish others will
have to labor to re-invent.

  I think that this list should have an active discussion about means
available to develop software (for public use) that will not leave you
without royalties to supplement Social Security (when I will
ineveitably be unable to read hi-res fonts anymore).

Sincerely,
  David Rogers
  Department of Chemistry
  University of Cincinnati
  Cincinnati, Ohio

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:56:46 +0530, Raju Vishwanathan
<raju.v*at*sysarris.soft.net> wrote:
> Dear CCL.NETMembers
> 
> I would like to have a list compounds which inhibits CDK2 receptor protein.
> Currently we are in the initial process of studying  this  group of
> inhibitors.
> 
> Thanking you in advance.
> Warm Regards,
> Raju Vishwanathan
> Sr. Consultant
> SysArris Software
> # 120 A, Elephant Rock Road,
> III Block, Jayanagar,( Opp to HSBC ATM ).
> Bangalore-560011
> India.
> Tel. No. 91-80-26654965,26655052,26642690,
> Fax No. 91-80-26650374
> <<http://www.sysarris.com/>>
> The information in this message is conf dential and may be legally
> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
> by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any
> disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
> omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
> Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
> error.Thank you.
> 
> -= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
> To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your Subject: line
> and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY*at*ccl.net
> 
> Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to: CHEMISTRY-REQUEST*at*ccl.net
> HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs
> 
> If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
> Jan Labanowski,  jlabanow*at*nd.edu (read about it on CCL Home Page)
> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> 
>

---

From: Dave Rogers <wantye.-at-.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 01:33:06 -0500

I should add to my remarks the fact that they are my own opinions
and (possibly) have no bearing on reality.  It is impossible to
neglect the politics, and this will no doubt bear heavily on any
discussion of code publishing.
  Anyway, what I mean to say is that it is late, and what I have
written in no way reflects the views of any entity other than myself.
  I also believe firmly that private industry is essential in the
development of new technologies and in driving the basic research that
in the end leads to more private industries (which are beneficial to
society).  Thus, we are hopelessly stuck in reality and cannot utilize
a fixed-reference-frame Born-Oppenheimer approximation when it comes
to politics.  What this comes down to is that the intentions of
private industry are, in the end perfectly legitimate; and that such
communication is necessary and should have an equally legitimate
channel of communication whereby everyone involved can benefit.

~ David Rogers