Subject: 3rd Conference on MODELING OF PROTEIN INTERACTIONS IN GENOMES

From: "Sandor Vajda" <vajda :a: bu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:15:31 -0400

3rd Conference on MODELING OF PROTEIN INTERACTIONS IN GENOMES

June 26-28, 2005, Lawrence, KS 

http://www.bioinformatics.ku.edu/conferences/mpi2005

*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***

The biannual conference (Charleston 2001, Stony Brook 2003,
http://www.bioinformatics.ku.edu/conferences) plays an important role in
shaping the community of protein interaction modelers, discussing current
progress in the field and setting new goals in this key area of
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. As in the previous meetings, we
intend to keep the focus on theoretical foundations of the field and its
interface with the experimental studies. The Conference is sponsored by the
Center for Bioinformatics at the University of Kansas.

organizers

Ilya Vakser, The University of Kansas

Sandor Vajda, Boston University

Program

interactome

Protein structure-function 

macromolecular assemblies

docking and binding

binding sites and more...

Speakers

Ruben Abagyan, Scripps Institute 
Patrick Aloy, EMBL

Charles Brooks, Scripps Institute

Carlos Camacho, Boston University 
Dmitrij Frishman, Technische Universitat Munchen 
Adam Godzik, Burnham Institute 
Jeffrey Gray, Johns Hopkins University

Barry Honig, Columbia University 
Joel Janin, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 
Robert Jernigan, Iowa Sate University 

Krzysztof Kuczera, University of Kansas
Ronald Levy, Rutgers University

Jie Liang, University of Illinois Chicago

Garland Marshall, Washington University 
Ruth Nussinov, National Cancer Institute 
Arthur Olson, Scripps Institute 
Andrej Sali, UCSF

Harold Scheraga, Cornell University

Jeffrey Skolnick, University at Buffalo 
Michael Sternberg, Imperial College London 
Lynn Ten Eyck, San Diego Supercomputer Center 
Sandor Vajda, Boston University 
Ilya Vakser, University of Kansas
Alfonso Valencia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia Spain 
Gennady Verkhivker, Pfizer

Michael Washburn, Stowers Institute

Zhiping Weng, Boston University 
Shoshana Wodak, University of Toronto
Willy Wriggers, University of Texas Health Science Center

Location

The meeting will take place in the Eldridge Hotel in downtown Lawrence, KS.
Eldridge is a historic hotel in the heart of a charming district with art
galleries, boutique shopping, outdoor dining and live music. 

PARTICIPATION

The number of participants is limited to 100. In selecting participants, the
preference will be given to those who have a poster presentation on the
subject of the conference. If you would like to attend the conference,
please submit a request as soon as possible, by e-mail only, to Ilya Vakser
(vakser :a: ku.edu) or Sandor Vajda (vajda :a: bu.edu). Include a brief (a few
sentences) description of your research, your full affiliation, position
(faculty, postdoc, student, etc.), address (email and regular), and the
day-time phone number. If you would like to present a poster, please include
a half-page abstract. If your application is accepted, we will communicate
with you regarding the details of registration, accommodation, and travel.
The early registration fee for the participants of the conference is $250
($150 for postdocs and students). After June 5, the fee will be $300 ($200
for postdocs and students).