Subject: W:1st announcement

From: "Mohamed, Fathy, Shibl" <mfshibl #%# chemie.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:15:52 -0400

Dear All,

    The Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Cairo University is
pleased to announce the Biannual Conference on Chemistry Chem.04. The
venue for the Conference is the University of Cairo, and the scientific
program will take place during 5-8 March, 2006.
This event provides a forum for fostering scientific exchange and
collaboration. All interested chemists are encouraged to attend and
contribute to the program.
The conference will focus on new and emerging trends in
chemistry. Original relevant aspects of biological, medicinal,
stereochemistry, natural products and industrial chemistry will be
featured in a program which seeks to cater to a wide range of interests in
contemporary chemistry and offers a visionary perspective on future
challenges and opportunities in the field.

Session on "Femtosecond chemistry" and "H-bond structures and
dynamics"

Invited international lectures confirmed so far are:
G. Gerber (Wuerzburg)
 Analysis and optimal control of chemical reactions
H. Kauffmann (Vienna)
 Applications to polymers
J.-L. Martin (Paris)
 Applications to bio-molecules
A.D. Bandrauk (Sherbrook)
 Quantum theory for femto- and attosecond chemistry
O. Khn ( Berlin)
 Hydrogen bond dynamics: from gas to condensed phase
K. Takatsuka (Tokyo)
  Quantum electron dynamics in hydrogen bonds

                   Workshops
A one-day workshop will be conducted in each of the following areas:

           Thermal Analysis Mass Spectrometry
Organized by  Prof.  Nour El-Dein Tawfik

                       NMR  Techniques
Organized by  Prof. Dr. Ahmed Farag

The registration in any of these workshops should be indicated in the
conference application form. Conference registration entitles applicants

to a 50% discount  in the workshop registration fee.

Informal Tutorial
A pre-conference tutorial/workshop will be held on the
"Simulation of wave packet dynamics on computer". It will address topics
such as laser pulse control and some other theoretical aspects. The
workshop will be delivered by Professor J. Manz,  Professor O. Khn and
Mohamed Shibl of the Free University Berlin, Germany. duration: 6 hrs.

Accommodation
Hotel reservation for participants will be available on request in various
areas and rates, in addition to a limited number of rooms in the
University Guesthouse. Request for reservation should be made as early as
possible.

Conference Fee
   The registration fee for Egyptians: L.E. 500 for participants and
L.E. 200 for accompanying persons. For Non-Egyptians the registration fee
is  350. The registration fees for any of the workshops: L.E. 200.  The
registration fee for any of the tutorials: L.E. 100. The registration fee
covers the scientific meetings, lunches, closing banquet, excursions or a
city tour. Payment of accommodation or of registration fee is made on site
upon arrival or via The National Bank of Egypt, Cairo University Branch,
Ac. No. 710517

You will be announced with more details later.

Mohamed Shibl

===========================================================================
Mohamed F. Shibl

Freie Universitt Berlin
Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie
Institut fr Chemie - Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie
Takustr. 3
14195 Berlin
Germany
Office: 35.18
Phone : +49-30-838-52645
Fax     : +49-30-838-54792
E-mail : mfshibl #%# chemie.fu-berlin.de

http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/~mfshibl/
===========================================================================