Subject: Re: CCL:a secure Xterm emulator

From: "Mgr. Lubos Vrbka" <lubos.vrbka >< uochb.cas.cz>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:38:14 +0200

hello,

> What do you suggest as a secure Xterm emulator (with ssh ans sftp etc) for 
> XP which enables me to use my XP desktop as an X window terminal of our 
> linux machine? I know Reflection from WRQ.
i'd recommend putty for this purpose. other possibility is to install 
cygwin and use xterm that is part of this package. both are for free. 
however, if you need only terminal emulator (no X-windows application 
output to your windows box), cygwin (more or less complete linux 
environment running under windows) is an overkill.

regards,
lubos

-- 
.....................................................
Mgr. Lubos Vrbka

Center for Biomolecules and Complex Molecular Systems
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic
.....................................................