Subject: conference, Cairo March 5

From: "R. Hilal" <rhhilal () hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 19:10:23 +0000

Dear All
Attached please find the call for paper announcement for the chemistry 
conference chem04 in cairo Egypt March 5-8th, 2006. The conference devotes a 
special session for femto second chemistry and molecular dynamics and 
another on Computational chemistry. Chem04 features a workshop infemtosecond 
chemistry and wave packet simulation on computer. The workshop will be 
kindly delivered by Prof. J. Manz, O. Kuehn and M.F.Shibl of the 
Free-university of Berlin Germany.
You all are encoureged to contribute and join the conference.
Hope to see you all in Cairo.
Rifaat Hilal
Conference Coordinator

N.B. Note that the present announcement corrects the few mistakes appeared 
in an earler version submit by M.Shibl. Note in particular the titles of the 
Femtosecond invited lectures and the e-mail address of the conference.
	Invitation
    The Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Cairo University is 
pleased to extend a cordial invitation to attend the Biannual Conference on 
Chemistry Chem.04. The venue for the Conference is the University of Cairo, 
and the scientific program will take place during the period from 5-8 March, 
2006.
This event provides a forum for fostering scientific exchange and 
collaboration. All interested chemists are encouraged to attend and 
contribute to the program.
The conference will focus on new and emerging trends in chemistry. Original 
relevant aspects of biological, medicinal, stereochemistry, natural products 
and industrial chemistry will feature in a program which seeks to cater for 
a wide range of interests in contemporary chemistry and offers a visionary 
perspective on future challenges and opportunities in the subject.

Special Sessions on Femtosecond chemistry
Invited international lectures confirmed so far are:
G. Gerber (Wuerzburg)
Analysis and optimal control of chemical reactions
H. Kauffmann (Vienna)
EXPERIMENTAL FEMTOSECOND COHERENCE AND QUANTUM-STOCHASTIC OPTICAL DYNAMICS
IN CONJUGATED POLYMERS
J.-L. Martin ( Paris)
Femtosecond dynamics in proteins

A.D. Bandrauk ( Sherbrook)
Quantum theory for femto- and attosecond chemistry
O. Kuehn ( Berlin)
Ultra fast quantum dynamics of hydrogen bonds: from gas to condensed phase
K. Takatsuka ( Tokyo)
Quantum electron dynamics in hydrogen bonds
                    Workshops
A one-day workshop will be conducted in each of the following areas:         
                                       Thermal Analysis
Mass Spectrometry
NMR Techniques
HPLC Techniques
The registration in any of these workshops should be indicated in the 
conference application form. Conference registration entitles applicants to 
a 50% discount  in the workshop registration fee.
Informal Tutorial
Pre-conference tutorial and workshop will be held on
Saturday March 4th  on  Simulation of wave packet dynamics on the computer  
. It will address basic concepts for laser pulse analysis and control in 
femtosecond chemistry. The workshop will be delivered by J. Manz,  O. Kuehn 
and M. F. Shibl of the Free University of Berlin, Germany.   duration: 8 
hrs..in addition to 2+2 hrs of follow-ups on March 6th and 7th .

Exhibition
    Exhibitors are accepted on a first come first service basis. The 
Exhibition features are Publishers, Journals, Software, Laboratories 
Equipments, Computers and Chemical Industries.

Accommodation Hotel reservation for participants will be available on 
request in various areas and rates, in addition to a limited number of rooms 
in the University Guesthouse. Request for reservation should be made as 
early as possible.
   Conference Fee
   The registration fee for Egyptians: L.E. 500 for participants. For 
Non-Egyptians the registration fee in $ 350. The registration fees for any 
of the workshops: L.E. 200.  The registration fee for any of the tutorials: 
L.E. 100. The registration fee covers the scientific meetings, Lunches, 
Closing Banquet, Excursions or a City Tour. The proceedings of the 
conference and accommodation at the university guest house for 
non-Egyptrians. Payment of registration fee is made on site upon arrival or 
via The National Bank of Egypt, Cairo University Branch, Ac.                 
   No. 710517

Post   conference Social Activity
A one-day tripe will be organized to one of the resorts including 
comprehensive entertainment program. Reservation should be made as early as 
possible. For more information please visit our web site:

www.chem-conference.org.eg

Correspondence

All inquiries should be addressed to
      Prof. Dr. Rifaat H. Hilal Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, 
Cairo University, Giza, A. R. Egypt.
chem4-conf () chem_sci.cu.edu.eg

The conference is under the patronage of the Islamic Educational, Scientific 
and Cultural Organization.(ISESCO)

Scientific Program
     English will be the official language of the conference. Abstracts of 
all contributions will be published in a book, which will be distributed to 
all registrants upon arrival. The scientific program includes plenary, 
invited, keynotes, oral and poster presentations, panel discussions, 
tutorial and workshops which cover all aspects of chemistry, industrial 
chemistry and chemical education.

Instructions for Authors
     The abstracts should be written camera-ready according to the following 
instructions:
Titles in font size 16 bold, capitals in typeface. The name(s) of authors(s) 
and addresses in font size 14 bold. Left justified in Times New Roman, font 
size 12 using  doc  files. A4 size papers, single space. A margin of 3 cm 
should be left on the top and bottom and 3 cm on both right and left sides. 
Literature citations should follow the ACS style.  Two original copies and a 
diskette of the full paper (win98 or higher) should be submitted.

Cairo University
Faculty of Science
Biannual Conference on Chemistry
Chem. 04
5-8 March 2006
Organized by
The Department of Chemistry
Under the Patronage of
Prof. Amr Ezzat Salama
Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
Prof. Ali Abdulrahman
President of Cairo University
Chairman
Prof. Hamdi M. Hassaneen
Dean of the Faculty of Science
Co-Chairmen
Prof. M. M. Fathi
Vice Dean
Prof. Hamdi Hamouda
Head of the Chemistry Department

_________________________________________________________________
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! 
http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

_________________________________________________________________
Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! 
http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/