Subject: CCL:Linear ODEs in Molecular Simulation

From: Evgenii Rudnyi <rudnyi<<at>>imtek.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:13:38 +0200

Hello,

At present, I am working in the area of model reduction

http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mor4ansys/ 
ModelOrderReduction.html

It allows us to find a low-dimensional approximation to a large-scale  
system of ordinary differential equations. My current applications are  
finite element models.

I am wondering if there are interesting applications in molecular  
simulation with a high-dimensional system of linear ODEs. Well, the  
trick is that the system should be linear. Unfortunately, an  
application of model reduction to classical molecular dynamics happens  
not to be straightforward.

Best wishes,

Evgenii Rudnyi
-- 
IMTEK: Institute of Microsystem Technology
Simulation of Microsystems
Freiburg University
Georges-Koehler-Allee 103
D-79110 Freiburg i. Br.
Germany
Tel. (+49 761) 203 7383
Fax  (+49 761) 203 7437
http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/
http://Evgenii.Rudnyi.Ru/